GOLDING Arthur Frank

Name Arthur Frank GOLDING
Country Of Origin Australia
Born 30 March 1870, Hobart
Died 1956
Birth/ Baptism Born 30 March 1870, Hobart
Parents William Henry and Alice Sarah Golding (formerly Long)
Apprenticeship Most likely with his father
Skills Watchmaker, Jeweller
Work Locations Hobart
Street Address
56 Liverpool Street, Hobart
Corner of Liverpool and Elizabeth Streets, Hobart
Marriage/Spouse 18 August 1892, All Saints Church, Hobart, to Madeline Isobel Ibbotson
Other April 1894: Arthur’s father William resumed business, together with Arthur, as W Golding and Son at 56 Liverpool Street next to Mr T L Hood, the stationer. The new premises were small but in a prominent position.

November 1897: W Golding & Son advertised opening new premises on the corner of Liverpool and Elizabeth Streets, Hobart.

1903: Arthur and his brother William junior became partners in Goldings.
April 1911: William Henry Golding retired, and Arthur and William junior continued the business as Golding and Sons.

30 June 1918: Death of William Golding senior.
July 1918: Dissolution of Arthur and William junior’s business partnership. Arthur continued as Golding and Sons.

August 1931: Golding and Son Proprietary Limited formed.
The first directors were Arthur Frank and his children, Arthur John, Alice, and Pearl.

Death 29 July 1956, Hobart
Kenneth Cavill, Graham Cocks, Jack Grace, Australian Jewellers Gold and Silversmiths Makers and Marks, 1992, p104.
TAHO: RGD33/1/10 no1118 Birth 1870, RGD37/1/51 no210 Marriage 1892, AD960/1/85 Will 37241 1956.
Web: Millingtons, Cornelian Bay Cemetery, 1C 53796, 1956.
The Mercury (Hobart) 18 March 1878, 23 April 1894, 17 November 1897, 1 July 1918, 16 July 1918, 11 August 1931; Tasmanian News 28 April 1911; Daily Post 28 April 1911; Advocate 1 September 1952.